One popular area in this new wave of analytics is user behavior analysis, which allows you to look in-between the lines at how visitors interact with your site. Going beyond traditional statistics like visitors, page views, pages per visit, and time on site, user behavior analysis provides insight into where visitors click, where they get stuck, and where they exit.
User behavior can provide you with insights that impact future content, design and products. By leveraging user behavior, you can determine content that is important to your audience. User behavior reports can show you missed opportunities on your site, including when high value buttons are too low on a page or when visitors consistently attempt to click unlinked images. Both examples can derail a visitor’s journey on your website, lowering your conversion rate and missing potential sales.
- CrazyEgg: Gain insights into how visitors interact with your site through visually impactful reports, including scrollmaps, heatmaps, confetti maps, and list reports.
- Pros: Easy to install & set up, low pricing with scalability, and visual reports
- Cons: Lacks accuracy on dynamic pages, no surveys, and no recommendations
- HotJar: Hotjar combines all the analytics and feedback tools you need to optimize your platform, including heatmaps, surveys, conversion funnels, feedback polls, conversion funnels, and visitor recordings.
- Pros: Lots of features, easy to use, and visually impressive
- Cons: Lack of integrations, unable to save filters, and no A/B testing
- Clicktale: Improve usability and conversion by utilizing visual in-page analytics, including mouse moves, mouse clicks, scroll reach, and form analytics.
- Pros: Extensive amount of data collected, scalable pricing structure, and customizable segments
- Cons: Not as intuitive with insights
- Kissmetrics: Deep data tracking allows you to better understand, segment, and engage with your customer base through reports, including funnel reports, retention reports, cohort reports, and a KPI dashboard.
- Pros: Combined reports, easy to use, and data Import
- Cons: Lack of filtering and issues with integrations
While these new age tools are not able to read minds (yet), you are able to better understand their thought process as they engage with your website. If you have questions about user behavior analysis tools or want to explore how your company can utilize them, contact us to strategize.